Hydraulic Gate Closer
Download data sheetDownload PDF
This hydraulically controlled gate closer and top hinge kit has been developed using a proven mechanism to provide safe and reliable gate closing. This makes it perfect for use on playground and school gates where closing speed adjustment is required.
- Robust – The closing unit fits underneath the gate making it vandal resistant
- Strong – Can be used to reliably close gates up to 330lbs
- Easy to install – As it is a hydraulic closer, no power is needed
- Unobtrusive – The closer also acts as a load bearing lower hinge
- Adjustable – A top hinge assembly which is fully adjustable to enable the gate to be positioned correctly after installation
- Option on top hinges – Built in standard hinge or with built in stop to prevent the gate opening more than 90° and damaging the closer
Not sure if the APS is the right gate closer for your gate? Read our blog where we compare it to our Gas Strut Closer.
APS – with standard top hinge
APSSTOP – with 90° top hinge (built in stop to prevent the gate opening more than 90° and damaging the closer)
The APS closer is a self-centering unit which can rotate 100˚ both ways. It is important to ensure when installing the gate post that the bottom welded bracket ends up dead in line with the receiving post or even slightly angled beyond the center line. This ensures that the gate will definitely close to the center line and not stop at a slightly open position.
If using the standard APS closer, please ensure that a separate gate stop is fitted to prevent the gate being opened more than 100˚.